Are you starting to plan for next year?
As December sets in, amid all the challenges and joys of the festive season, many people start to think about their to-do list or wish list for the following year. They may even be slightly discouraged when dusting off the current year’s list to find that there are a number of tasks left unchecked.
Before you start next year’s list, may I suggest that you take a good look back and focus on your achievements for this year.
Do not focus on the things left to-do. Acknowledge the things that you have done, big or small, and celebrate your achievements.
- What are you most proud of?
- What did you really enjoy doing?
- What made you happy?
- What worked well and why?
- What could have worked better and how?
- What characteristics and strengths were needed to achieve them?
- What have you learned about yourself along the way?
Now you can start thinking about what you really want to have happen for next year:
OK, so there will be some things that you think you ‘should’ do – but do ask yourself why. Think hard about the things that you want to do and there is a better chance that the “done” list will be much longer next year.
- Why should you do it?
- Why do you want to do it?
- What will it be like when you have done it?
- What does success look like?
- How do you need to be for it to happen?
- What will you do more of and how?
- What will you do less of and why?
- What resources and support do you need to help you along the way?
Most importantly, don’t wait for the New Year to get started on what you really want to do, take the first steps now.
What will you do RIGHT NOW, before the end of December, to start the ball rolling towards your dreams and desires for 2016?
My coaching while walking sessions create the time and space for constructive and creative thinking as well as bringing the benefits of being away from the paraphernalia of your usual environment and being out in the fresh air. If you would like a no-cost initial chat to see if coaching with me can help you towards working out what you want to have happen and achieving your goals in 2016, contact me here.
I wish you every success in 2016 – Whatever that looks like to you!