We can discuss what ever you want during the sessions although it is usually more effective if you attend the sessions with a particular area that you wish to focus on.
During our sessions I will work with you to:
- Increase your self awareness
- Assess your current situation
- Clarify what you want in life
- Challenge perceived or real barriers and explore how to make them into hurdles to be jumped
- Recognise and develop your strengths, talents and self-confidence
- Help you to know what is right for you and support you in finding your own solutions which fit your values and which you are able to commit to
- Give you that nudge to set you off in the right direction, agree achievable goals and how you will move towards them
- Encourage, motivate and support you as you move forward from where you are now to where you would like to be
- On completion of each session I will send you a brief summary of our discussions and any goals that you agreed to take forward
The relationship between us is very important and is based on trust, honesty and respect. As a coach I offer you structured conversation, non-judgemental support and confidentiality. What is talked about in session will not be discussed with anybody else.
I am not a counsellor: Counselling is about making sense of the past so that the present is easier to deal with. Coaching is about looking forward and making positive change. I will not discuss issues that I feel require professional support.
The duration of our coaching relationship will depend on your personal needs and preferences. In general, most clients find that a series of coaching sessions, typically once a fortnight over a period of 3-6 months) enables us to delve further and really see what works for them providing them with the tools, tactics and strategies that will progress towards sustainable results (See my packages & pricing)
The joy of coaching while we walk is that it can take place at almost any time and in almost any location! For example:
- Around the block from your office
- Through a park
- At lunchtime or after work if that is more convenient for you
- A more energetic extended stomp along the seafront or in the South Downs. I cannot recommend it highly enough! If the weather defeats us then we can always retire somewhere dry!
If walking and talking is not for you, I am based in Havant and offer face-to-face coaching in Hampshire and West Sussex. I can also offer coaching via Skype/Facetime or telephone if that is more convenient for you.